Croke Park have sent us on the latest information on Gym Insurance. The following Rules must be adhered to so that our club is in compliance with this GAA Policy and so that the Officers of the club are protected in the event of accident or injury:
- Gym users must be a member of the club. This is for insurance reasons.
- Gym users under 18 may use the gym only as part of a session that is supervised by a coach.
- U-16s are not permitted use of gym equipment unless it is part of a specific programme that has been given by Club or County and that it is carried out under the direction and supervision of a coach who has experience or qualifications in Strength and Conditioning.
- Only playing members are covered by the GAA Injury Scheme when using the gym as part of a supervised training session.
- All users must receive an induction overseen by a suitably qualified coach/instructor.
- A record of this induction must be maintained and signed by the member and the coach/instructor.
- ALL users must be trained in the use of the equipment.
- The sign-in book should be updated each time the gym is used.
Any groups who wish to use the “gym building” must seek permission from the Club Executive. Where the “gym building” is being used, the “gym area” should be partitioned off and shown to be out of bounds.
Any queries can be directed to Club Chairperson, Secretary,Treasurer, PRO or Insurance Officer.